It was established in 1992 by the Singapore Venture Capital & Private Equity Association (SVCA) to promote the growth and interests of the venture capital (VC) and private equity (PE) industries in Singapore.
Venture Capital Jobs Singapore
It is Venture Capital Jobs Singapore mission to promote greater understanding of the importance of venture capital and private equity to the economy, particularly in the areas of support for entrepreneurialism, innovation, and growth, as well as to advocate for the interests of our members in the broader venture capital and private equity communities.
Venture Capital Jobs Singapore also aspires to support the growth of the sector and its experts, while also facilitating communication, cooperation, and engagement among all of its members. The Association also serves as a forum for discussion and representation on regulatory and policy problems related to venture capital and private equity, and it takes a leadership position in topics and activities pertaining to the Southeast Asian venture capital and private equity industries.
Types of Membership: Venture Capital Jobs Singapore
There are three types of membership available at Venture Capital Jobs Singapore:
In order to be eligible for full corporate membership at Venture Capital Jobs Singapore, a company must be engaged in Venture Capital or Private Equity activities in Singapore, which is defined as follows:
- Management of equity or quasi-equity financing for enterprises that have significant growth potential in terms of products and technologies as well as business concepts and services; Activities whose primary goal is to generate long-term capital gains to be repaid by investors.
- Those corporations having an interest in Venture Capital or Private Equity operations in Singapore, as well as those corporations that are involved in Venture Capital or Private Equity activities but do not have a representative office in Singapore, are eligible to join as Associate Corporate members.
- Individuals having an interest in venture capital or private equity operations are eligible to become Associate Individual members of the Association.
Advantages for Members at Venture Capital Jobs Singapore
- The SVCA offers discounted registration costs for a number of events that are organized or sponsored by the organization, including conferences, seminars, and networking events.
- Access Is Provided at No Charge / Event registration costs at a discounted rate for events organized by chosen partners.
- Free inclusion in the SVCA’s Annual Guide
- Exclusive admission to Members-Only events (Chinese New Year Lunch with LPs, selected talks/lunches, closed-door input sessions on policies/regulations) Receive a complimentary copy of the Annual SVCA Guide
- Service Providers are offering special deals to their customers.
- Lymon training courses include the following: Members of the SVCA get a 15 percent discount on all compliance, GRI, and ESG training courses.
- Save money by enrolling for SCCCI events at the member’s discount rate.
- 20 percent discount on Dow Jones Risk and Compliance for SVCA Full Corporate Members
- Members of the SVCA may take advantage of Marsh insurance packages.
- Mergermarket memberships are available at a discounted rate of up to 20% for SVCA members.
Who should be considered for a partner position based on the abilities they have shown in the past at Venture Capital Jobs Singapore?
The following is a list of the required skills:
- Being able to generate funds is a plus.
- Limited Partner networks that are strong.
- Expertise in the field (and with any luck, in a sector the VC partners find exciting).
- Previous track record in terms of investment.
- Access to a large volume of high-quality deal flow.
- The development of business relationships with seasoned, all-star serial entrepreneurs
- Possibility of assisting portfolio business founders in overcoming their most difficult operational problems.
- Assessing the capacity of an organization to expand and scale in light of its workforce, market conditions, financial makeup, and overall vision for a product or service.
- Commercial judgment, as well as the capacity to locate an exit, are required.
Is it possible to show that someone has transferrable abilities or experience?
Answer: If you’re contacted by a venture capital company to assist with some due diligence or to offer thoughts on a potential transaction, it’s possible that you’re being groomed for a future VC position.
- Once you’ve landed an internship position at a venture capital company (which is not easy to come by), you should make yourself indispensable once you’re through the door.
- Make a name for yourself by investing some of your own money in certain angel transactions.
- Participate on startup advisory boards and serve as a mentor to entrepreneurs in a desired industry.
- Teach a lesson and maintain a blog on a regular basis.
Knowing that networks are essential, how would you advise someone to show their capacity to generate deal flow or other possibilities for themselves?
Answer: Sending deals to venture capitalists is the best method. In the IT industry, there is no getting around the need to network. The ability to gain visibility in the startup community is necessary whether through participation in accelerator programs, speaking at events, blogging, or other means, or because you are already employed in a position where you must be connected to the technology ecosystem in order to be successful in your position (e.g., business development at a media or large tech company).
What kind of résumé causes you to sit up and take attention at Venture Capital Jobs Singapore when you see it?
Answer: Almost none, to be honest. It is not about the CV; rather, it is about meeting at Venture Capital Jobs Singapore and getting to know the individual, as well as, of course, the personal introduction that brought the person into the office in the first instance.
Is Venture Capital Jobs Singapore a lucrative investment?
According to Wall Street Oasis, Venture Capital Jobs Singapore may expect to earn between $80,000 and $150,000 per year on average. 1 This may be significantly increased if you get a bonus, which is usually a percentage of your base pay. In addition, companies often pay associates for seeking or locating business opportunities on their behalf.
How much money do Venture Capital Jobs Singapore make in real life?
A successful venture capitalist who works for a top-tier company may expect to earn between $10 million and $20 million per year. The finest of the best earn even more money. Almost everyone who has achieved any level of success in Silicon Valley seems to have a long-term ambition to work as a venture investor at Venture Capital Jobs Singapore.
Is there a difference in compensation between Venture Capital Jobs Singapore and private equity?
In private equity, you’ll earn much more than you would in any other kind of investment – but the amount you receive will vary depending on the size of the fund. For example, in the United States, first-year Associates in private equity may earn between $200,001 to $300,000 in total salary and benefits.
|Investment Director, Venture Capital - HSBC Global Asset Management||View & Apply|
|Investment Professional||View & Apply|
|Internship - Sustainable and Digital Agriculture||View & Apply|
|Investment Analyst||View & Apply|
|Investment Analyst (2 year Analyst Program)||View & Apply|
|Venture Capital - Associate/Senior Associate||View & Apply|
|Wavemaker Impact Internship (Off Cycle Full Time Internship)||View & Apply|
|Investment Analyst (Family Office)||View & Apply|
|Designer, User Experience & Product||View & Apply|
We hope that you are now ready to begin your career with Venture Capital Jobs Singapore and that you have completed your studies. Please keep in mind that we are not recruiters, but rather job sharers that post available positions from all around the world. It should be noted that we are not involved in the recruitment process in any way, whether directly or via a third party.